Large Customer Self-direct Renewable Portfolio Standard Compliance Program
Public Act 102-0662 (the Climate and Equitable Jobs Act or “CEJA”) enacted on September 15, 2021, contained a new provision, Section 1-75(c)(1)(R) of the Illinois Power Agency Act, which required the Illinois Power Agency to develop a Self-direct Renewable Portfolio Standard Compliance Program. The Self-direct Program encourages large Illinois electricity customers served by ComEd or Ameren Illinois to retire Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) acquired through long-term contracts with new utility-scale wind and solar facilities. Self-direct Program participants receive an electric bill credit reducing Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS)-related bill charges.
2023-2024 Program Year
The Agency is currently accepting applications for the 2023-2024 Program Year. Applications are due by March 15, 2023.
- Self-direct Bill Credit Analysis (February 15, 2023)
- Comments (March 1, 2023)
- Announcements of Final 2022-2023 Program Size, Application Form, and next steps on Bill Credit determination (February 1, 2023)
- Self-direct Program Size Report (January 20, 2023)
- Advanced Energy United Comments (January 27, 2023)
- Announcement of Requests for Information (November 30, 2022)