The Agency's activities related to the development of new renewable resources to support the Illinois renewable Portfolio Standard are guided by the Long-Term Renewable Resources Procurement Plan.
The Modified 2022 Long-Term Renewable Resources Procurement Plan is available here.
The Plan describes the implementation of:
The Illinois Solar for All Program (low-income residential distributed generation and community solar)
Competitive procurements (for Renewable Energy Credits from new utility-scale wind, utility-scale photovoltaic, and brownfield photovoltaic projects)
- A calendar of procurement events can be accessed on IPA's energy procurement website.
Large Customer Self-direct Program (for large electric customers to retire Renewable Energy Credits from new utility-scale wind and solar facilities and receive a bill credit reducing Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS)-related bill charges)
- The 2024 Long-Term Renewable Resources Procurement Plan was filed with the Illinois Commerce Commission on October 20, 2023
- A draft 2024 Long-Term Renewable Resources Procurement Plan was released for public comment on August 15, 2023
- For more information, visit the Plans Under Development Page
Electricity Procurement for Eligible Retail Customers
- The 2024 Electricity Procurement Plan was approved by the Illinois Commerce Commission on December 14, 2023.
- For more information, visit the Current Approved Plans page.
The Illinois Power Agency (IPA) welcomes your questions and hopes you will take advantage of the information offered on our website. Please be aware that state ethics rules may require that some communications be reported to the Procurement Policy Board. Ethics Reporting Associated with Communications with the IPA provides more information.
Public Act 102-0662 Implementation
On Sept. 15, 2021, the Climate and Equitable Jobs Act (Public Act 102-0662) was signed into law by Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker. With the enactment of the Public Act 102-0662, the Illinois Power Agency is tasked with numerous crucial implementation activities.
This dedicated CEJA implementation page serves as an up-to-date hub of information for those items from the Act being implemented by the Agency.
Learn More about the IPA's implementation activities under CEJA.