Solar Incentives for Illinois Companies
The Illinois Power Agency and its renewable energy programs can enable large businesses to realize valuable savings through the following incentives...
Large Distributed Generation (DG) Category of Illinois Shines
- Provides financial incentives for onsite rooftop or ground-mounted solar arrays for large customers at prices of $35-$50 per megawatt hour produced.
- Enables solar projects that reflect each company’s unique energy needs. Project size in this program is no larger than 5 MW.
Community Solar Subscription through Illinois Shines
- By earning credits on their electric bills for the solar energy produced by their portion (their subscription size) of a community solar project, large businesses can potentially achieve great savings with this incentive.
- Maximum subscription size is up to 40% of community solar project.
Large Customer Self-direct Program
- After contracting with a new utility-scale wind or solar project, large customers retiring Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) in an amount equivalent to at least 40% of their load can receive reduced Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS)-related charges.
- Contract must be for at least ten years, with an annual application window.
- Nation-leading labor and equity standards apply to the projects, helping companies demonstrate their commitment to supporting good jobs across Illinois.
- Participants in this incentive program must meet at least 10 MW of peak demand.